TSP is based in the Department of Education at the University of York.
Our overarching ambition is to improve teacher effectiveness resulting in better student outcomes.
Our team, with expertise in educational and organisational psychology and teacher education, work collaboratively with each and every partner to ensure their program needs are met.
We have worked with multiple partners in the United Kingdom, and with partners in Australia, Bulgaria, Kenya, Lithuania, Malawi, Morocco and Peru. Our core team is complemented by educators who work in early years, primary and secondary school settings as well as research associates from our university alliances. Our partnerships to date have included international development organisations, national ministries of education, initial teacher education providers, non-government organisations and charities.
We welcome opportunities to work with like-minded professionals from across the globe.
Our international team is led by Rob Klassen, Professor and Chair of the Psychology in Education Research Centre at the University of York in the UK. Professor Klassen’s research focuses on teachers’ non-academic attributes. He comes from Vancouver, Canada, and is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and a Chartered Psychologist in the UK. He has received multiple grants as Principal Investigator from a range of funders, including SSHRC (Canada), the Spencer Foundation (US), and the European Research Council (ERC).
Liz MaxwellEducational Consultant
Jade RushbySenior Technician
Rebecca TickellCommunications Specialist
Mark DaviesDigital Designer
Tracy DurksenResearch Associate
We work with partners across the globe
- University of York, Host Institution (York, England)
- Liverpool Hope University (Liverpool, England)
- London Metropolitan University (London, England)
- Strathclyde University (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Teach First (London, UK)
- Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia)
- Ministry of Education and Science (Lithuania)
- NSW Dept of Education (New South Wales, Australia)
- Stranmillis University (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- Sultan Qaboos University (Muscat, Oman)
- Teach for Bulgaria (Sofia, Bulgaria)
- University of Alberta (Edmonton, Canada)
- University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England)
- University of Groningen (Groningen, The Netherlands)
- University of Jyväskylä (Finland)
- University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia)
- University of Wollongong (Wollongong, Australia)
- York St John University (York, England)
We have provided advice and consultancy in the UK and internationally
- Dignitas, Kenya
- GIZ (German Development Agency)
- Global Schools Forum
- Malawi Ministry of Education
- Morocco Ministry of Education
- Peru Ministry of Education (MINEDU)
- UK Cabinet Office (Open Innovation Team) and Department for Education
- World Bank